Monday, April 8, 2013

Master Cleanse, Day 1

This is day one, and I feel red, so hence the color of this post. I needed to cleanse my bod - I am coming off a 8 week injury with no exercise. I tried to eat right, I lowered my calories by what I could have estimated to be 300 calories a day knowing my movement was limited. 
When the eight week mark hit my first exercise was a 5k with my husband and then I ate everything in sight! Snacks, jellybeans!! And other goodies full of chocolate and so on. I  was out of control. 
I do cleanse "every three months or three thousand miles". So hence my spring cleanse. It's been a while since I've done the master cleanse so the memory of it had faded. I went into it excited and ready. Working - no problem - four clients in 7 hours with no break. I drank all 60 oz. I made for myself before 1 p.m.  - sigh, my fasting tea is good, sweet and warm, so that's helpful. Now that I'm off work and I have three kids they are snacking - "Mommy, can I have these almonds"?  "Can you cut this cheese for me"? "Can you make some of this juice for me"? A little painful, but, again, Fasting tea to the rescue. I find this is a distraction, but I have to get up and make dinner for all of them now, and the dishes are still in the sink from yesterdays meals, I guess I will do that too. I think Brian will be home sometime around 9 tonight. I will probably go to bed early, that's a great distraction. 
As far as cleansing goes - so far just lots of urinating, I will stop long enough to see if anything comes out the other end before the kids dinner - it should! I have a grumbly tummy. 
Day two will come tomorrow - I have work all day then Yoga then off with the kids to see Brian at the Ben and Jerry's for his guest scooper night. At least ice cream isn't my cup of tea - speaking of which, I will bring a cup of fasting tea, hopefully that will help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment